Your priorities for 2017

Written on 10 January 2017

Happy new year everyone! I thought I would kick start the forum this year by asking what your business priorities are for 2017. I am guessing that alot of people that join in the forum are either self employed or responsible for setting the direction of their L&D department - so it would be interesting to see how our priorities are aligned (if at all...) 

For me, after a brilliant first year trading, I know I really need to focus on a structured sales approach for the business to help me achieve the growth that I have forecast. I think there will be many challenges to so I'm trying to widen my client portfolio to negate some of the risks we face as we head into uncertain times! 

Share this page

Comments

TimRoyds

Submitted on 11 January, 2017 - 10:06

Complete and publish the next 3 books in the series of 9 I'm writing (3 done!).  Focus on the opportunities I find most professionally edifying.  Strive even harder to engage clients in measuring KPIs before and after development initiatives to reinforce development as a profit generator rather than a cost creator.

ChrisScott (not verified)

Submitted on 16 January, 2017 - 14:13

Great stuff Tim - good luck! 

sharongreen

Submitted on 20 January, 2017 - 16:05

My priorities this year are to continue to develop my broad skills set to enable me to be competitive and gain future work.

I'm focusing on my technical, data skills alongside my core skills of facilitation and consultancy as I think that's the key to remain current. 

My network is critical to me so I am continue to invest in it and extend it. 

Revising and making sure my website works is also an on-going priority.  I hope to get blogging this year as previously I have focused on Twitter and other social media and not got into a routine blogging. That's something I want to do as I think it will help hone my comms and writing skills. Good for me and good for clients; I hope.

Submitted on 24 January, 2017 - 11:54

Great priorities! Website was 2016 for me.. and I think we just about got there! 

JohnSwallow

Submitted on 24 January, 2017 - 11:20

Hello, interesting thread...my priorities are:

- to launch synchronous virtual classroom (I chose Adobe Connect learning) to revolutionize the way we currently do classroom training to our store teams, already up and running in Finland

- To bring a new LMS into the business as effectively as possible and transfer/increase current engagement

- To get some good personal experience with on-line moderating to pass onto the teams, ready for the above (just completed a good Oxford university course and will get started with a volunteer position in a Brazilian English Training company

- To enlarge my support team to deliver effective and engaging bite-sized  E-learning and short videos

- To also find time to invest in my network

Good luck with your actions folks! John 

Submitted on 24 January, 2017 - 11:51

Great things to focus on! I forgot about enlarging the team... that needs to happen too!