Great night of celebration as the TJ Awards’ winners for 2018 are announced
On Tuesday 4 December, at a glittering Gala Dinner in the Pavilion at the Tower of London the TJ Awards revealed their 2018 winners.
This year’s winners come from a broad range of organisations and sectors giving TJ the opportunity to recognise the very best practitioners in L&D today.
The evening, hosted by radio and TV celebrity Jenni Falconer, was a sell-out event with around 500 guests from the L&D industry celebrating the best achievements in learning and development. Gold trophies were presented to 16 finalists, with a further 14 silver and 16 bronze certificates being given on the night.
This year’s Special Achievement Award was presented to author and founder of The Learning Architect, Liggy Webb.
Her achievements in the field of mental health, wellbeing and resilience were recognised by the TJ judges led by editor-in chief, Debbie Carter who said: “Liggy’s contribution in the field of mental health, well-being and work life balance has been outstanding.
"She was among the first to raise awareness of the importance of these issues to organisational success and individual health and engagement. I’m delighted we can celebrate her considerable, and continuing contribution to our industry.”
The gold winners for 2018 are:
- AB Sugar (Best Use of Technology in Learning),
- BT plc (Best Diversity & Inclusion Programme)
- Care Quality Commission and Ashridge Executive Education (Best Organisational Development Programme)
- County Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service (Best Apprenticeship Programme)
- Darlington Building Society (Best Talent Development Programme)
- Greene King and Lifetime Partnership (Best Training Partnership)
- Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust (Best Coaching/Mentoring Programme)
- Hope for Justice (Best Public Service/ Not-for-Profit Programme)
- Newton Europe (Best Leadership Development Programme)
- Openreach (Best Private/Commercial Programme)
- St Monica Trust (Best Operational Programme)
- Royal Bank of Scotland (Best Customer Experience Programme)
- Thomas Cook (Best Change Management Programme)
- Towergate (L&D Team of the Year)
- Rob Ashcroft, Santander (L&D Professional of the Year).
View the full list of winners at http://www.trainingjournalawards.com
This year’s TJ Awards were sponsored by: CAKE People Development, The CIPD, Dods Training, Imparta and TOWARD>.
The TJ Awards 2019 will be open for entries in March - for more information visit www.trainingjournalawards.com where entries are made online.