The CIPD, the professional body for HR and people development has unveiled the conference programme for this year’s Learning & Development Show.
The show is one of the leading events for L&D and HR professionals and takes place at London Olympia from 11-12 May 2016 and is being held in partnership with The Open University.
The theme is based around driving growth through agile learning, and will focus on new ways of meeting the needs of both individual learners and the wider organisation.
Andy Lancaster, Head of Learning & Development at the CIPD, said: “With the world of work constantly changing and with more generations than ever in the labour market, the ways people learn are evolving as well.
“It’s crucial that L&D professionals respond to these changes by being creative and agile, designing pro-grammes to flex and suit their individual workforces, but also by keeping their own knowledge and skills up to date. This year’s L&D Show is de-signed to do just this, providing interesting and innovative con-tent in order to help professionals design effec tive learning pro-grammes that are tailored to learner needs, contribute to overall organisational growth and sup-port L&D professionals’ own de-velopment.”
The two-day conference has 29 sessions, each belonging to one of five streams covering key are-as of learning and development for 2016, which are:
- Leadership Development and Coaching– enhancing capability in your leaders and line managers to influence organisational culture and increase performance. This includes: Developing and Empowering your Line Managers with speakers from Discovery Networks International and Canon UK.
- Digital Learning– embedding digital learning and technology in your organisation in order to develop a more successful strategy and identifying the key tools to make learning more accessible and engaging. This Includes: Learning by Doing: motivating your learners through Gamification with speakers from McDonald’s Restaurants and E.ON.
- Science of Learning– using a scientific approach to L&D to improve the effectiveness of your learning solutions, and understanding how people learn to improve business performance. This includes: Brain-friendly Learning: understanding how people learn to enhance L&D with speakers from Inspired Recovery and Think.Change.
- Learning and Talent Development– building development strategies which add value to your organisation, and design effective learning solutions for your people. This includes: Developing the Skills of the Next Generation with speakers from D&D London and Fujitsu.
- Organisation Development– advance organisational learning and align your leadership, people and culture through new forms of change. This includes: Removing Organisational Barriers to Empower your People with speakers from NHS Employers.
Ian Howell, Chief Operating Officer, Open University Worldwide, said: “We’re de-lighted to be joining the CIPD once again at their Learning & Development Show. Demands on the L&D profession are increasingly complex, and this year’s line-up reflects the need for professionals to stay ahead of the game and be responsive to learner requirements.
“The programme has been designed to be interactive and inclusive, enabling knowledge sharing and net-working be-tween delegates, as well as introducing a number of thought leaders to consider the latest thinking and trends. We look for-ward to discussing how organisations can successfully move to blended learning in our masterclass, and to welcoming visitors to our stand at the exhibition.”